Sydney Meghan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little Miss Bayley

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My poor baby girl went to the doctor this morning...She got 4 shots. Her weight was up to a big fat 5 lb 2 oz. She gained 16 oz in 16 days!!! GO BAYLEY! We are going to do her height tonight because she still is under 18 inches and that was as small as the one in her room went and a sick baby had already been on the other scale so we didnt wanna chance her getting sick. Dr. Latona listened to and checked her airway really good. He thinks her breathing issues that we hear are a combination of nasal congestion at times & "premie respiratory issues". He said that premies make all the squeeky noises that we hear and a lot of her grunting he said will resolve as she gets older. He said her tummy issues continue to appear premie related and are nothing to be concerned iwth as she should outgrow all of it. They rechecked a hemaglobin today But he did say that they would leave her on the iron regardless of what it shows because she is so small. As I said earlier...My poor baby girl got 4 shots DTAP, Polio, HIB & Prevnar ..which means nothing to me except we need a new needle made for premies...that thing was 1 inch long and her lil leg isnt but 1 inch. I felt so sorry for her. She cried harder than I have ever heard her cry. We gave her Tylenol right before they gave the injections and I just gave her another dose (4 hours later) and so far no fever or other symptoms other than she is fussy which I would be too. We dont go back to the doctor until 6 weeks!!! Go Bayley! More Later or tomorrow lol

10 comments:

mary said...

Tina I love watching Bayley grow. Her leg is to tiny for 4 shots. She should have special attention for days. I am glad she is gaining weight.

Kim said...

Over 5 pounds- Woo hoo!!! Poor baby girl- those shots are rough, especially for her tiny little legs!

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PokBAxtvW4

Here is some late night entertainment for you. You Tube might be down later, but I thought I'd share.

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

Ha! Thanks Paul...All entertainment is greatly appreciated!

Katie said...

Poor sweet Bayley! I know how hard it is to watch them stick your baby! You would think that they would have smaller needles for little chicken legs! Keep up the weight gain, Bayley. It won't be long before you are posting pics of those little chicken legs running all over the place!

Rachel said...

Way to go Bayley! Enjoy this because it will be the only time in your life when everyone is patting you on the back for GAINING WEIGHT!

Mandi said...

I read your blog everyday! I even mentioned Bayley on mine today! ;)

Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Tina,
Bayley must be a lot of fun because you type "lol" several times a post! I am so happy for you! Bayley is so sweet! I love those close up pics with her big eyes opened- precious!