Sydney Meghan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little Miss Bayley

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 13, 2007




Yes I have given up and joined the blogging world. It will mainly serve as a way to update people about my precious two daughters…Sydney 13 who is completely amazing and I personally think breaks the mold of the typical teenager & Bayley Lauren who is 1 week 3 days old. I have included updates from the past week or so to have a record of Bayley’s beginning in this world.

Today was a not so great day. My daddy came to get us and took us to Sydney's dental appt. Thanks Daddy. Bayley was doing good. The nurse said that she was up to 16 ml of milk each feeding. She stayed the same on weight at 2 lbs 13 oz. We brought her clothes in today. The nurse said they will dress her after her bath on night shift. (Thanks Aunt Cindi for being our personal shopper!!!) We had only been there an hour when they closed the stinking NICU for 2 hours again for a 24 week baby being born. When we finally got to go back in I asked about getting to hold Bayley. The nurse said she would check...that is when things went a lil strange. We basically never saw her again. I noticed Bayley's diaper was wet...and I couldnt do any thing about it. They wont let us turn her onto her back to change her diaper....so she sat in a wet diaper for 1 1/2 hours. No joke at all...it was an hour and a half before the nurse came back and do u know what she said...I will be feeding her in 20 minutes and I will change her then & it is too close to her feeding time to hold her today. I nearly had a stroke. I had asked the nut and hour and a half before and she has the nerve to act like I waited too late to ask....well it was no secret i was upset. I didn’t say a word to her ....but she knew. Brian came in and the nurse came back and offered to move back her feeding time so we could hold her. That made me even madder that she was willing to let our baby be hungry & interfere with her feedings...if she was so concerned why didn’t she check on it and come back with an answer when I asked her about it an hour and a half earlier. She was MUCH nicer as by this point I am fighting tears. I explained to her that we would never jeopardize Bayley's feedings or her well being just for us to be able to hold her. The feeding at 5:30 went well but it too was stressful time as they were waiting for another lil 25 weeker to be born & so we thought we would get kicked out again at any minute. I cant tell u how much I enjoy our hold time & how hard it is not to get it. It is hard to leave her and not worry constantly...I mean I am supposed to be able to trust that they are taking care of her...and we didn’t see the nurses for 1 1/2 hours...what kind of care is that? The 2 nurses we had today have basically 1 more day ....if I ever see Bayley get treatment like that I will go to Mr. Brookwood himself if necessary but I will make sure they never touch her again. I have tried so hard to not make waves in the NICU & just keep my mouth shut and concentrate on Bayley...but I will not tolerate my baby being neglected period. I know she is not the most critical baby and I am very thankful for that. I just pray that the night shift changes my babies diapers and checks on her better than the dayshift did today. Say a prayer for my Bayley tonight.

7 comments:

granny pat said...

Go get em Mommy!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're blogging!! Little Bayley is so sweet! We're all still praying for her EVERY day!!

Paul said...

Cute pictures! We've been praying for Bayley each night.

Welcome to blogging.

Rachel said...

Hang in there Tina. We are all praying for you guys!

Erin said...

I myself do not have a blog (YET), but I am so glad you have started! I think about and pray for you guys and precious Bayley every day. She is such a beautiful baby girl!

Emily said...

I am so glad you decided to become a blogger! I appreciate the fact that I get to check-up on you, good days and bad, without having to pester you and put you through the days events again. Happy to see that Bayley is doing so well! She is beautfiul!!!! Her eyes are so big and gorgeous! I am praying for all of you and counting the days til she comes home!

Deborah Golden said...

She is so precious...I don't blame you for being angry. We have to protect our sweet little babies.