Sydney Meghan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little Miss Bayley

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 19, 2007






Little Miss Bright Eyes...FAKING IT!!!!

Today was "ehhh." First Bayley got moved to a side wall bed. After I got over my heartattack from thinking my baby was back on a CPAP... I got pretty excited because I thought she was finally not considered one of the 8 sickest babies...Well that didnt last long lol. Her nurse finally broke it to me that the only reason she moved was because they got another set of twins in and the needed her spot to keep the twins together...and that was the only reason for her move. It wasnt a "promotion move". Her nurse did say she isnt classified as Critical anymore she is just Serious which is something so we will take it. Her weight stayed the same...still 1330 grams which is 2 lb 15 oz. Dr. DiCarlo said that Bayley has had an increase in residual since startng the Fortifier. He said that they were going to continue it for now but that some babies just couldnt tolerate the fortifier...so we will have to wait and see if she can. Dr. DiCarlo also said that they started her on Feosol which is an iron suppliment because her hemoglobin dropped. He said that they wanted to treat it aggressively in order to hopefully keep her from having to have a blood transfusion. She got her 2nd bottle today....She failed...BIG TIME! They give them 30 minutes to drink the bottle...it was 23 ml. During the 30 minutes her heart and oxygen monitors went off several times and after the 30 minutes she had only drank 4 of the 23 ml. They had to give her the remaining 19 ml through her feeding tube. We will continue to try 1 bottle a day until she gets better at suck, swallow & breathe. Christy, our nurse that we love, told me that they were going to keep her at 23 ml today. Bayley was tired today and slept most all day. I think she was bored with me and wants her Sissy to come home. Brian held Bayley today and she looked around a lil but mainly slept. I actually am gonna miss my old 2 neighbors...Mario & Moyia. Mario is a 25 weeker and Moyia is a 24 weeker. They both weigh a lil over 1 lb. They are fighters and are doing pretty good considering. I was scared to even look at them to start with but they seem to be improving slowly every day. Keep them in your prayers. Sydney called again tonight. She is having a good time. I miss her so much. I dont think I ever realized how much I talk to her and how nice it is to have her around. The nurses continue to ask about her non stop. They miss her too lol. Me & Bayley cant wait to get Sissy back and have her asleep in the chair beside me during the day lol. More tomorrow.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

The week is half way over and Sydney will be home soon! I will probably see you at church tonight unless you are going to the camp. I am one of the few that just can't seem to drag myself down there to sit in the heat!

Katie said...

Come on Bayley! We need you to gain some weight so I can buy you the onesie that says "I make chunky thighs look good!" LOL! We are praying for you and hope you are home with mommy, daddy, and sissy soon!