Sydney Meghan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little Miss Bayley

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 30, 2007


Bayley wearing a bib for the first time yawning. lol
Big girl likes to EAT!!!

Today was pretty good...It started with a bang but that is a different story. Bayley is up to 3 lb 15.2 oz. She had a good bottle day and has had no apnea in 48 hours. She is taking 50 ml at each feeding and is doing it in less than 30 min so she is doing great at that. Today hasnt been a good tummy day for Bayley. It has just been a reminder that although she is doing fantastic and we are so thrilled for that, she is still underdeveloped and has a long way to go. We watched the car seat safety video today. We left our car seat at the hospital and they are going to do a car seat test on Bayley tonight to make sure that she can ride 30 min in the car seat without having apnea. She had her head ultrasound done today and it has to be negative before we can go home but hopefully it will be. Her temperature is always hot so I dont that that will keep us from going home. We have to have some "education" done which Im assuming is on caring for a premie and we have to have a meeting with one of the doctors where they will go over everything that they have had to do to Bayley and her medications that she has been given. It is very exciting to get to bring Bayley home but it is also scarey too. I was nervous bringing Syd home at 7 lb 11 oz and now we are bringing home Bayley at hopefully 4 lb. I keep trying to get a nurse to come live with us. We have been so fortunate to have such great nurses. Some of our favorites have been Christy, Emily, Susie, and Amanda. We have only had one day out of 4 weeks where I just didnt think Bayley got good care...that is awesome if you think about it. Anyway, Just pray that Bayley gets to come home healthy. More tomorrow...



2 comments:

Granna said...

Oh I am so excited to see the bib on the blog (bet you can't say that 10 times fast!) Just think that 4 weeks ago today we just prayed for survival- she has been a star premie! She is so precious. I know you will be nervous, but that will soon pass. Within a short time you will wonder how life was BB (before Bayley).

mary said...

Hey Tina, Jazz and I stopped by to see Bayley for a little while and she is the sweetest little person I have ever seen. She is so tiny, she did open one eye and peek at me tonight. Yes we did scrub our hands really good at the kitchen sink and Jasmine did too.lol. I had to take her sock off and her feet are precious. I think she will have BIG feet though. (just kidding). I am still coming tomorrow so look for me. I am so proud of your family and Bayley is strictly a miracle.