Sydney Meghan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little Miss Bayley

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Bayley Lauren Maddox Arrives!!!!






















June 3
Today was the big day. It started out normal. The nurses woke me up at the crack of dawn taking my blood pressure which was of course up. Dr. Stradtman ordered more blood work and another ultrasound to look at her fluid. The ultrasound tech came about 10 to do the ultrasound. She was wonderful. She told me a lot of the stuff that she was seeing. She told me that our fluid was low but didnt go into a lot of detail. The nurse told me that my fluid was really low and that they had called Dr. Stradtman. I called Brian and they were out of church and had eaten and were on their way to the hospital. Dr. Stradtman came in with the ultrasound machine. She wanted to check the fluid herself. I saw my parents in the hallway and I knew I was in trouble when they asked them to wait outside. Dr. Stradtman looked with the ultrasound for just a minute and told me that we had to get out now. Three of the Four pockets of fluid were completely dry and there was only a tiny pocket of fluid left and it was right in front of the babies face (3.8). Dr. Stradtman told me that the babies cord could prolapse at any time and we could lose her to a cord accident. They sat me up and took my blood pressure. It was 189/105. They got very excited. Brian & Sydney finally got there. The nurses immediately started me back on Magnesium. Dr. Stradtman went and called UAB MFM for a second opinion. She came back in minutes and said that they agreed that we needed to do a c-section asap. The nurses started getting me ready for the section. The Mag was horrible but I knew it would be. I was soooo scared & the Mag made me CRAZY acting. I was freaking out because the guy got there to do my epideural. I dont know why but I am petrified of the epideural. I lived though it but BARELY. They got me prepped and I had my section only 3 hours after my brownie & sprite for lunch. The c-section was uneventful and thank goodness my blood pressure was stable. Brian held my hand and in no time 3:16 was there and our beautiful Bayley Lauren Maddox was born. She cried in only a few seconds. Dr. Mena (one of the NICU Docs) quickly checked her out. Her APGARS were 7 & 9 which was great. Dr. Mena was wonderful and he brought Bayley to me and let me kiss her like 3-5 times. I was thrilled because we had been told we might only get a split second look at her. Dr. Mena let Brian carry our Bayley to the NICU. I was so happy for him. After they left I started feeling yucky...I felt very sick at my stomach. I dont know who the anesthesiology tech was but he was wonderful and did a bunch of stuff to help me and I didnt get sick. *Yes that may seem wierd to include...but I was sick all the way through Sydney's section so that is a big deal to me!!! lol After the section I got to see Brian and eventually Sydney again. Sydney thought Bayley was so cute and she thought she looked like her. lol After recovery they wheeled me to see our Bayley in the NICU for about 5 minutes. She was so beautiful!!! The rest of the day was somewhat a blur. Everyone went in to see Bayley with Brian and they all loved her.

Additional Info: My parents, Brian's parents, Paul & Amy, Becky & Rachel, and Cindi were all there waiting with Sydney when Bayley was born. Sydney was on the computer with our good friend Erickson while I was having Bayley. He was helping Sydney to not freak out lol. Alan came a lil later that night when they got back from the beach.

1 comment:

Lloyd Family said...

i found your site through a friend of a friend's site. congratulations on the birth of your precious little girl. our son daniel was born 11 weeks early, weighing 2 pounds and measurign 13.5 inches long. we started a site for him www.djlloyd.blogspot.com feel free to check it out. we understand that you are members of the church of christ, we are as well. we just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.