Sydney Meghan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little Miss Bayley

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Big catch up

Ok here are the highlights of what has been going on with us.
Oct 21st I took Bayley to daycare and got to meet all of the teachers that will be in her big girl class. I liked them all. I really LOVED one of them... she is technically in the class above Bayley's but they kinda work together. She is a foster parent and last year had 3 preemies at once (a 23 weeker, 27 weeker and a 29 weeker) so I felt GREAT about her being around. October 22 was supposed to be Bayley's first full day in big girl class (12-18 months) but we both ended up sick. I stayed home from work and went to the doctor and while I was there the daycare called and said Bays cough had gotten worse. So after I left the doctor with 2 shots and 4 Rx, I went and got her and we went to see Dr. McDaniel. Bay weighed 18 lb 3 oz and she had early croup & a sinus infection. She got 2 shots and 2 Rx. In total we spent $138.00 in prescriptions and $60.00 in copays....UGHHHHH! I stayed home with Bay Wednesday & Thursday. Poor Syd was sick too with a cough that wouldnt go away so luckily I had enough antibiotics around to go ahead and treat her too.
Syd took this pic of Bay & Brian. too cute.
Oct 25th We went and shopped some for halloween costumes and decided we were better off just making something ourself. Gail has helped us out with Syd's Pebbles costume. I think it will end up cute! We ended up just watching movies and goofing off all night.

Oct 27th was Bayley's first official full day in big girl class. She did great!!! Believe it or not she slept 2 1/2 hours in a cot WITH HER PACI! :) She played with the big kids like she has always been in that class....and she ate a ton! I have to say that I predict our next doctors visit with Bay she will have a BIG weight GAIN!!! Im telling you she is heavy now. Im scared to put her on our scales at home because I dont wanna be disappointed but Im telling you she even has a lil belly. She has been on steroids for a week and it is like she has had the munchies! She is cracking us up!

Oct 28 Bay had another good day at daycare. She slept 3 hours and ate good again! woohoooo.... After work we headed to Gails to check out progress on the pebbles costume and then we went to the thrift store to get a few things for Syds outfit. After that we ended up meeting Cindi for dinner. Bay was so excited she loves her "EyeMomma". lol We had a good time and then we ran by Cindis to pick up a few things she had gotten together for Syds outfit. She ended up finding a neighbor with the perfect thing for Syd to borrow...Gotta wait til I post the pictures to find out what it was. Anyway, we ran to Target & then home just in time to get Bay to bed.

School is going good for Syd. She went to an AP Biology study session yesterday. She said it was Super Boring but she got extra points for going so believe me Im glad she went! lol

We have had a scare going on with my Daddy this past week. I was scared to post anything because some of our family didnt know what was going on nad there was no need to get everyone excited until we found out more. Basically my Daddy had several skin biopsies done a week or so ago. They came back that he has a squamous cell cancer on his left cheek and the place on his right jaw area came back that it could have possibly been a metastisis from a different cancer. After comparing a previous biopsy from that spot, going to see Dr. Goldfard, and having a head and neck CT they have decided that they think this is another squamous cell. Daddy is going to have surgery on Friday at St. Vincents so we will know more then. This certainly appears to be a better diagnosis than they first feared and for that we are very thankful. Please keep my Daddy in your prayers on Friday.

Oct 29. Today was good. After church tonight we had Trunk or Treat. Didnt my "COW GIRLS" end up cute!!! Bay was the cutest cow ever and Syd decided last night that she wanted to go as a cowgirl to go along with Bay being a cow. Cindi had a neighbor that had the cow print cowboy hat & the black boots! They were perfect!!!


3 comments:

mary said...

Hey Tina the pictures are great I am not sure if I like the look alike cig. in Alex's mouth but I guess it helped make his costume.Your cowgirls are the prettiest cowgirls I have ever seen. I can't wait to see all of you real soon. I am praying for you daddy I hope things come back real soon. I know how nerve wracking it is to get confusing results from the doctor, That is all the news I get nothing is right my blood work is majorily off everytime I go. The doctors upped my Prograft and now my prograft level is really high so he said he wasn't going to do anything different until I go have my labs tomorrow morning and then there is no telling what changes he will make for me.

Emily said...

Cute cow girls! Praying everything is ok with your dad!

David Courington said...

Love those pictures. We will be praying for Jerry.