Sydney Meghan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Little Miss Bayley

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines Day & Proud of my PGHS Soccer Player

First our Valentines Day, The girls had a good heart day...or as Sydney referred to it "Singles Awareness Day" lol. Brian got Bay the cutest lil dog and she also got M&Ms and a cute chicken cup. Sydney got Season 3 of John & Kate Plus 8 and Brian got her some Nerds & Laffy Taffy. Bayley also got a Twix bar from one of her daycare teachers and after some time and determination she finally figured out how to eat it and LOVED it! lol I had to post this picture because I told Brian to smile and this is the smile the goofball gave me. UGH. I must say Brian did great on Valentines day! He got me this superdedooper new grill! We needed one really bad and I was thrilled to get it especially considering I never even had to ask to get it! WOO HOO! Way to go Brian!

Sydney played her first soccer game of the season last night. They played John Carroll. They made it to the second half and then lost 10 - 0. I was quite impressed with the effort they put into the game. There are only 6 members of the 16 girl team that have ever played high school soccer before tonight. And 3 of the 6 girls who have played before have knee injuries. Sydney made it "ok" last night during the game. She said the pain was pretty bad but she made it the whole game. So I was very proud of her.
This is Syd about to kick a something or another...I still havent figure out what to call these side kicky things.This was the 2nd half. I am glad I got a quick picture because it only lasted about a minute before they 10 pointed them.Bayley was super impressed with Sissys soccer team!After the game I was standing around waiting on Sydney. John Carroll’s head Coach (Coach Neumann) was walking by. A PGHS parent jokingly said to Coach Neumann “why do you have to always beat us 10 - 0, couldn’t you just let us score one time?” Coach Neumann told us that “PGHS girls team are our role models.” He went on to explain that he noticed last year that our girls never give up and that he told his girls after our second game with them last year, where they 10 pointed us yet again, that they could learn a lot from our girls! He said our girls never give up and they play as a team. He said that he was impressed tonight when, at the half, our girls were down 9-0 however when they went back on the field they played like the score was 0-0 giving it their all. Coach Neumann said that he told his girls that our team were real winners and had been taught to play as a team and never give up. I think you could say we were the proudest parents out there. Yes our girls get 10 pointed every time we play John Carroll but their team spirit and love for the game definitely made an impression on someone! GO PGHS GIRLS SOCCER!
And finally...my Mom sent this to me this week. I think it is offical, Big Brother is enjoying retirement with Daddy!

2 comments: